Fun Dog Show
in Aid of Nowzad
The next show will be held on Sunday 30th August 2020
Gates open at 10am with the judging starting at 11am
This will be subject to the lifting of the Covid-19 restrictions - we will be regularly posting updates on this site and on the Nowzad facebook page.
Classes (£1.00 per entry)
Rosettes 1st to 6th place in each classBest Pup (4 to 12 months)
Golden Oldie (8yrs & over)
Best Short Legs (under 18")
Best Long Legs (18" & over)
Best Recycled (rescue/re-homed)
Junior Handler (14yrs & under)
Best Nowzad Dog
15 mins breakFancy Dress
Odds & Evens (pairs matched or mismatched)
Happy Dog (waggy tail)
Owner Who Looks like Their Furry Friend
Dog The Judge Would Like To Take Home
Best Of The Rest (any dog without a rosette)
Best In Show
Show open to ALL dogs with all profits go to Nowzad
There will be 17 classes including Best Nowzad Rescue (come and meet some of the dogs)
Best of the Rest (any dog without a rosette)
Best In Show
Food (Cakes, freshly made pizza)
Teas, Coffee etc
Toilets (most important!)
Cooling pools and Gazebos for your dogs
We are again looking for sponsors!
If you would like to sponsor a class please use the request form opposite.
Sponsorship costs £20.00 per class.
Your name with appear on the trophy as sponsor of the class chosen.
Sponsors request form
We really don’t like having to have rules but!
- OK it’s a fun fun fun dog show – it’s not cruft’s – you may not agree but the judges decision is final.
- I know we don’t have to tell you but DOGS DIE IN HOT CARS!!
- Please keep your dog (and children ) on a lead at all times.
- If your dog produces “you know what”, do the right thing and clean it up.
- Remember the safety & well being of all animals at the show is the responsibility of the owner.
- Please do not bring your dog if it has been in contact with infectious disease in the last 6 weeks.
- We are sorry but pups under 4 months, bitches in season and anti-social dogs are ineligible for this show.
- If you see a dog or owner with a YELLOW RIBBON or some other yellow indicator on a dogs leash means this dog needs some space.
- As the organisers we reserve the right to refuse entry.
Who are Nowzad?
Nowzad proudly boasts the first and only official animal shelter in Afghanistan.
Our well designed and purpose built shelter in Kabul provides a safe home for over 100 dogs. We also have a purpose built cat shelter housing over 30 former street cats rescued by locals or soldiers. Our work has now extended to rehabilitating former working donkeys in a peaceful and caring environment.
The dogs are fed daily a soup of rice, naan bread, meat, carrots and potatoes, (normal dog food brands that you could buy in the west are often hard to come by in Afghanistan) and animals are exercised in purpose built dog runs.
Our Afghan staff take great personal pride in the welfare of all our animals and some even now have adopted dogs of their own!
Daily health checks are carried out by our highly qualified Afghan veterinarians and any necessary treatment is carried out immediately as required.
Our aim is to re-home all of the dogs that end up in our shelter; firstly to loving homes in Afghanistan where we have had great success, or for those who have already been fostered or cared for by ex-pats living in Kabul, we aim to re-home them in the west.
Your donation will help ensure that we can feed all of our animals as well as keep them warm and safe, pay our Afghan staff wages (typically they earn just $300 a month for extremely long hours in very harsh conditions), fund the upkeep of the shelter and facilities and make sure we have the ability to provide any medical care that our animals may need.
Thank you for making a difference with your donation for the animals of Afghanistan with no voice but yours.